Tuesday, May 12

Tartest Lemon Tart - TWD

Rest assured....even though I don't have any pictures to share, I did make this tart. But not many liked it. My boys and I went to visit my sister this weekend and I forgot my camera. But I did remember to bring my blender, food processor and tart pan though. She doesn't have any baking equipment and I wanted to bake this for her and my mom. OK. I take that back. She does have baking stuff, just very limited baking stuff.

Obviously I didn't read the P&Q very carefully before making this eye popping sour tart. I used the entire lemon, with the exception of the seeds. It. was. very. sour. My kids didn't like it at all. Neither did my sister. I thought that the crust was delicious (I skipped the nuts and made it plain) but wasn't so keen on the lemon filling. Very sour! My mom liked the tart and my sister's boyfriend thought that it was fine.

This was not a tart that I would try again. I do like lemon desserts and think that this would have been fantastic if the tartness would have been tamed down some. Alot some! It was fun to make though.

The recipe was chosen by Babette. You can find the recipe HERE or on page 336 in Dorie's cookbook.

I will be back next week with Mango Bread. And pictures!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very limited!?! Ouch. I don't need fancy equipment to make delicious deserts. What can I say? Some people are just that good:)

Also, the phrase, "My sister didn't like it," is a bit of an understatement. It was gross! Who eats lemon peels anyways?

Pamela said...

Hmmmm...suddenly there's nothing anonymous about anonymous's comment. :o) Sorry it was not what you hoped for. It was pretty good without the pith, though!! Hope you had a nice visit, too.

Megan said...

Yeah, I agree with Pamela - anonymous isn't so subtle, is she?

Ha ha

Mine tart was inedible, so I have to agree with your sister. Considering mine ended up in the trash.

Unknown said...

My experience was pretty similar to yours. It was just WAY too bitter to enjoy.

Jules Someone said...

Bummer. Sorry it wasn't a hit. I took off the pith and we enjoyed it.

TeaLady said...

It sounds good, even tho' it wasn't a favorite.

Mine wasn't bitter. Guess it has to do with the lemons.