Saturday, May 23

Creamy Shrimp Alfredo

I am a fan of the Food & Family magazine I receive in the mail from Kraft Foods. They have really good recipes that are easy to make. And the best part is that the ingredients are simple to find. I usually try several of the recipes each time I get the latest in the mail.

This week I tried the shrimp alfredo pasta on page 35. It is made with cream cheese and chicken broth. I used shrimp and peas but think that it would taste fantastic with chicken too.

creamy shrimp alfredo

Prep: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 servings, 1 1/4 cups each

what you need
1/2 lb. linguine, uncooked
2 Tbsp. Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
1/2 lb. uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 oz. (3/4 of 8 oz. pkg.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
3/4 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

make it
Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. or until shrimp turn pink, adding garlic for the last minute. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon; set aside.
Add cream cheese and broth to skillet; cook until cream cheese is completely melted, stirring frequently. Stir in shrimp and 3 Tbsp. Parmesan.
Drain pasta. Add to skillet; toss to coat. Transfer to platter; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and parsley.

1 comment:

Megan said...

mmmmmmm - I love pasta alfredo. I can usually feel my arteries hardening as I'm eating it - but it's worth every bite!