Wednesday, January 28

Traditional Madelines - TWD


This recipe was chosen back in May for TWD. The recipe can be found HERE.

I was so excited to make these cookies. Especially since I got my requested Madeline pan for Christmas! My sister knew that I wanted this baking pan since we saw it at a little specialty cooking store in Minocqua earlier this fall. She made "arrangements" so that I would get it for Christmas. I had no idea what a Madeline even was before I got this sweet cookbook.


These little cake/cookies are AH-MAZING. They were cakey, soft and had just a hint of lemon to them. They look like little seashells sprinkled with powdered sugar. The recipe made 12 and I am so ashamed to admit that I ate 6 of them in one day. I want to make another batch but I know that I will not be able to hold myself back.

I can't wait until someone else chooses to make more Madelines. There are more recipes for these delicious little cakes that are bound to be chosen at some point in time.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I have my little Madeleine pan as well, and these were a lot of fun. And far superior to anything you can buy at Starbucks.

I just saw the addition to yesterdays post - first about the dog (I have the same kennel for 2 of my dogs), and then about your husband being sick. I hope he gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

I just got a Madeline pan and can't wait to try these. Yours look delicious.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

How cool that you got the pan and a new favorite recipe also! I don't have a madeleine pan, but I might have to get one when another recipe is chosen.
Nancy

Finla said...

Thanks to seeing these delicous Madelines I bought a pan and made them and they were super delicious.