Monday, January 26

Chicken Cacciatore - CEiMB


FINALLY! Now that I am feeling better and have recovered from my cold, I decided to make this for lunch today. I should have posted it last Thursday. Better late than never!

The recipe was chosen by Peggy from Pantry Revisited. You can find the recipe HERE or on page 204 in Ellie's cookbook. It really was a good pick.

This dish was easy to prepare and had a lot of taste. I used a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes instead of no salt tomatoes. I also added more red pepper flakes, black pepper on the chicken and an extra clove of garlic. I then served it over linguine pasta.

Both the Hubster and I enjoyed it. I think that he is starting to warm up to Ellie. Or maybe not. The last several recipes chosen have been liked in our house though.

3 comments:

Megan said...

He'll like Ellie as long as the food is good. And judging from the cacciatore, it looks like everything is good!

Leslie said...

Oh yum! That looks delicious! I think the fire roasted tomatoes are a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it came out good.
My husband REALLY looks forward to Thursdays CEimB because he's sure to get real meat for his dinner. He's usually on the prowl for some kind of soy product that I've snuck into his dish.