Another completed recipe down, 24 more to go!
I baked this extremely rich and chocolately peanut butter torte for a dinner with some friends last week. I apologize for no photos. My pictures turned out terrible and I didn't want to post the fuzzy and blurry ones that I did get. But trust me...I did make the torte.
The recipe can be found HERE. The torte was originally chosen for the TWD group back in May.
It was good. Just very rich. I forgot to add the whole milk that the recipe called for. I don't think that by adding the milk the dessert would have gotten any lighter though. I also decided that I can't talk myself into liking dark, bittersweet chocolate. I am a chocolate lover...but only milk or semi-sweet. It seems that most of Dorie's recipes that involve chocolate call for bittersweet. I am just going to have to alter the recipes to fit my tastes. Everyone who tried the torte liked it though.
Coming tomorrow: Chocolate Cherry-Almond Biscotti
Saturday, January 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have not made this one yet, but I wish I had thought of it for Christmas. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it, though.
Ooooh, I loved that torte. Of course, I live for the pb chocolate combo.
My husband doesn't like bittersweet either, so I have to remember to always use semisweet for every recipe. Or at least the ones he doesn't eat. :)
That sounds delicious!
And guess what! You won my give-away you entered on my blog last month! THis was for the Deceptively delicious book. Now you can find ways to hide your veggies that you hate! :)
If you could send my your address, I will mail that out to you.
sabrinarobideau @ hotmail (dot) com
Post a Comment