Thursday, January 15

Black and White Banana Loaf - TWD


This recipe was chosen back in August for the TWD group. The recipe can be found HERE or on page 232 in the cookbook.

My banana bread turned out almost cake-like and very moist. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. The recipe also called for dark rum, lemon zest and a squirt of fresh lemon. I don't know if I used too big of a squirt of lemon or what. The taste, for me anyway, was OK. I couldn't tell if it was because of the lemon or the rum. Maybe I just don't care for banana bread? The Hubster and kids seemed to like it though and it disappeared rather quickly.

The bread was marbled after I divided the batter in half and mixed the melted semi-sweet chocolate chips in it. It is a very nice looking loaf of bread I will add. I think that I just prefer zucchini or strawberry bread better.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It certainly is a pretty piece of cake. I have never had strawberry bread before, that sounds really good. I might have to add that to the list of things to try

-Sara/Imafoodblog

Nichicakes said...

I made this once and the combo of rum lemon banana and what was it nutmeg just made me ill... it went straight to the trash at my house. Glad your family liked it though, I would skip all the extra flavors and it would probably be tasty.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

I made this with TWD and I remember it was pretty controversial. It was my first time ever marbling and I was glad to learn how. The loaf was good, but not one I'd repeat. You're so good to be catching up.
Nancy

Megan said...

I made that bread also, and I had to leave out the bananas because no one here eats them. Sigh. Anyways, I like the sound of strawberry bread better - do you have a recipe that you would be willing to share? Hmm? Pretty please?

Pamela said...

Great job on the marbling. I remember just thinking that this cake was okay, but not spectacular. At least you tried it!