The recipe this week was chosen by Jess from Cookbook Habit. The recipe can be found HERE. I love cookies!!These cookies are made with a specialty salt, fleur de sol or a fine sea salt. I was going to buy this special salt until I learned that it was $8.99 for a small bottle. The recipe calls for 1/2 teaspoon! Nope. Not happening here. I substituted coarse Kosher salt instead. Not sure that it made a difference or not? I also substituted semi-sweet chocolate for bittersweet. The cookies were fairly easy to put together. I coerced The Hubster into forming the dough into the logs. After chilling the dough for several hours, it was simple to slice the cookies and bake them.
I did like the cookies immediately when they came out of the oven. Even a couple hours after baking they tasted OK. However, 6-8 hours later, they tasted like sand. Very gritty! All I can taste is the gritty salt in them. I probably won't be making them again.
9 comments:
Oh no. Mine actually tasted great the next day. I used Morton Sea Salt. Maybe it was the salt because they look great.
Those look lovely! Bummer that they turned so gritty.
So sorry these disappointed - if you can get your hands on some flakier salt maybe they won't be as gritty? Actually, they would probably be great without the salt! Your little rounds look so pretty.
I'm sorry you didnt like the taste of them. But they really do look great!
AAAAAHHHH - my soul sister. Thank god I'm not alone in this. I was beginning to think I was a mutant.
I wasn't a fan of them either. Yours like nice and pretty though!
Ooh, your cookies look perfect. I'm guessing that Kosher salt was too grainy?
Nancy
I agree with you that fresh out of the oven they were awesome. The next morning...not so much.
Gritty! Intersting. But they look grat.
Post a Comment