Thursday, February 12

Sesame-Teriyaki Chicken Thighs - CEiMB


The recipe for this week was chosen by Jessica. The recipe can be found HERE or on page 209 in Ellie's book.

This was a very easy dish to prepare. The chicken thighs marinade in a mix of soy sauce, sherry, rice vinegar, brown sugar and garlic for 30 minutes. The chicken is then broiled on both sides and sprinkled with sesame seeds. I lined my broiling pan with aluminum foil and the clean up was a breeze.

I think next time I will use boneless chicken breasts. The Hubster likes chicken thighs so I wanted to make it as the recipe called for the first time.

Great pick Jessica!

COMING NEXT THURSDAY: Nutty Granola

9 comments:

Pamela said...

Looks great with the sesame seeds on there! Well done.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I can only hope ours turns out just as good. Now I have to continue reading because your Malted Cookies are making me drool.

JLJ said...

Yum! I agree, typically chicken breasts would be the way I'd serve this too.

Peggy said...

Yours looks as good as mine tasted! :) at the risk of sounding stupid, so, if you wrap your broiler pan in foil, doesn't it still have holes in the top piece that the juice will run under? I hate washing that pan!

Anonymous said...

I used thighs too but next time will use chicken breast. It was an easy recipe that I will make again.

Jennifer said...

I thought this was a great recipe too! However, next time I will definitely stick to boneless chicken. I will definitely be looking for other uses for that marinade!

Mary Ann said...

Looks great. We really liked it as well.
This is definately going on the make again list!

Anonymous said...

I've never been a huge fan of chicken thighs - but my hubby loves them too!

Peggy said...

me again, I have a couple of awards for you over at my blog if you can stop by to pick them up. You are the best!