Chalked full of chocolately goodness......
I am getting this one posted just in the knick of time. These super chocolately cookies were chosen by Gabi from The Feast Within. You can find the recipe HERE that she posted on her blog. Her cookies look great. There appeared to be numerous ways that others went about and made them. Check out what some of the others did. Our talented host Gabi added baking powder and soda to get them to rise a bit.
I followed Jennifer's lead and substituted applesauce for the oil. I liked how hers looked like mini cakes. These cookies were very easy to put together. The only time consuming part was chopping the milk and dark chocolate, which didn't take long at all. The recipe said that it made 24 cookies. Mine only made 20. I also only added in approximately 1/4 cup of chopped pecans. I am not a nut fan in cookies but wanted to use up some pecans that I had. The cookies are very chocolately and go good with a big glass of milk. I don't know if I would make them again though.
I am getting this one posted just in the knick of time. These super chocolately cookies were chosen by Gabi from The Feast Within. You can find the recipe HERE that she posted on her blog. Her cookies look great. There appeared to be numerous ways that others went about and made them. Check out what some of the others did. Our talented host Gabi added baking powder and soda to get them to rise a bit. I followed Jennifer's lead and substituted applesauce for the oil. I liked how hers looked like mini cakes. These cookies were very easy to put together. The only time consuming part was chopping the milk and dark chocolate, which didn't take long at all. The recipe said that it made 24 cookies. Mine only made 20. I also only added in approximately 1/4 cup of chopped pecans. I am not a nut fan in cookies but wanted to use up some pecans that I had. The cookies are very chocolately and go good with a big glass of milk. I don't know if I would make them again though.
4 comments:
I like the idea of the applesauce too. Yours turned out great!
I too like the idea of applesauce. I will have to try that next time.
These cookies look wonderful! I'm sure they're absolutely delicious. Oh, and the sticky buns in the previous post also look terrific. I think I hear them call my name. :)
I'm going to have to try the applesauce next time. As is I thought they were good, chewy and chocolately- if I wasn't trying to get rid of all of the goodies around my house I'd make some more. :)
Post a Comment