Tuesday, December 9

Grandma’s All-Occasion Sugar Cookies - TWD

Here it is....Tuesday again!! This recipe was chosen by Ulrike of Küchenlatein. The recipe is posted HERE or you can find it on pages 146-147 in Dorie's cookbook.


I will say that this recipe does not beat my mom's sugar cookie recipe. I like my mom's sugar cookies way better because they are so much moister than these are. I have tried to duplicate the recipe from my mom numerous times throughout the past several years and always get frustrated. I think that my problem is that I can't roll out dough to save my life. I can say without a doubt that this is due to my lack of patience.

Some of my cookies turned out chewy, some were a tad on the crisp side. I sliced some of the cookies thicker than the others using the "slice and bake" method. I shaped the dough into logs and froze it before slicing.


I thought that it would look festive to dunk the cookies in chocolate and decorate with Christmas sprinkles. We thought that the cookies tasted good. The kids especially liked them, of course.

8 comments:

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Those cookies are totally festive - I love the way you dunked and sprinkled. And at least you know your mom's recipe still rules!
Nancy

Teanna DiMicco said...

A woman after my heart!!! Dunking the cookies in chocolate?! Hello!!! And I love that snowman dish! So festive!

Anonymous said...

Your cookies are very festive and fun like your new blog design. Too cute. I also love that snowman plate!

Tami said...

How could you go wrong with cookies dipped in chocolate?!? YUM!! They look great in the snowman dish!

Cathy said...

Love that you dipped them in chocolate! These look beautiful! They are perfect on the snowman plate!

Sabrina said...

Those look really good!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind & sweet comment. :)

kimberly salem said...

they look delicious! great idea to dip them in chocolate... that always makes cookies better:)

Pamela said...

You can NEVER go wrong with chocolate!! They look wonderful.