Tuesday, December 16

Buttery Jam Cookies - TWD

This cookie recipe was chosen by Heather from Randomosity and the Girl. You can find the recipe HERE or on page 80 in Dorie's cookbook.

I thought that this was a good recipe. I used Smuckers Strawberry Jam. The strawberry and ginger spice combination was really good. The cookies had a nice flavor and were soft. From their appearance I thought that they were going to be crumbly, but that was not the case. These cookies are not the prettiest things though. I wish that I would have flattened them out a bit before baking. They literally stayed in the exact same shape that I dropped them on the cookie sheet before baking.

My husband and kids really enjoyed them as well. I would make these again and experiment with other jam flavors. Thanks for the great pick Heather! Check out what the other TWD'rs had to say.

17 comments:

Sabrina said...

I heard they just melt in your mouth. Those would be great for breakfast. Yum!

Megan said...

Ha! I can see your reflection in the mixing bowl - I've done the same thing and it looks cool!

I have the same feelings about the cookies. Many possibilities for flavors, and I'll flatten mine a bit next time, too.

Jules Someone said...

I agree totally about the appearance. Though, when they taste good, who needs pretty?

Peggy said...

they really didn't flatten at all did they? I was surprised about that too. But I loved them. Next time maybe a thumbprint would be fun! Yours look delicious.

Engineer Baker said...

They're craggy - they have character :) And taste is what really matters, right?

Sabrina said...

Strawberry and Ginger spice sound like members of the spice girls! :)
Yummy looking cookies!

Anonymous said...

I almost tried strawberry. I think I will have to go back and make some with strawberry! I wish mine too would have spread a little. I actually noticed and squashed them with my spatula while they were cooking

Anonymous said...

I almost tried strawberry. I think I will have to go back and make some with strawberry! I wish mine too would have spread a little. I actually noticed and squashed them with my spatula while they were cooking

kimberly salem said...

glad you liked them! strawberry jam sounds great. i used a cookie scoop to keep them even, which i think helped out a lot.

Mary Ann said...

your jam combo sounds fabulous! I just plopped the first batch on the sheet and then actually rolled the dough and the rolled ones came out looking alot nicer. Anyway, they look tasty!

Tammy said...

I am pleased your family enjoyed them. I love your Christmas theme to your blog design!

Kristin said...

Nice cookies! My husband and I enjoyed these too!

Pamela said...

They look great! I was totally expecting not to like them, but I really did! I was also surprised that they didn't change at all in the oven. Strawberry sounds yummy.

Cathy said...

Your cookies look great! I know that I'd love strawberry. I agree that these just seem to beg for jam experimentation!

Heather B said...

Great job! I'm glad you liked my pick!

Liz said...

It's so funny how everyone had different experiences with these cookies! Mine spread quite a bit, while others, like yours, didn't spread at all. Maybe it has to do with mixing times? At any rate, the strawberry-ginger combo sounds divine.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I made them a 2nd time with blackberry and all I can say is YUMMY!