Thursday, February 19

Nutty Granola - CEiMB

The recipe this week was chosen by Leslie from Lethally Delicious. It was a delicious pick. The recipe can be found HERE or on page 38 in Ellie's cookbook.

This granola is simple to make, uses very ordinary ingredients and I can't stress this enough...SIMPLE to make. I used raisins and substituted cashews for walnuts because walnuts are a big NO in this house.

I chopped the nuts a tad finer than I probably should have. All you have to do is mix the ingredients with a 1/2 cup maple syrup and bake it for about 30 minutes. Then let it cool on the cookie sheet and ta-da....you have a very tasty granola.

Next time I make this, I was thinking about adding some mini chocolate chips after it has cooled. Yes, it would defeat the purpose of Ellie's healthy eating. But it would be quite tasty.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Add DARK Chocolate chips then you won't feel so bad. Good idea!

Pamela said...

Oh, yeah...chocolate would be a great addition!! Not as healthy, but still quite good. I liked this one, too. Once all of the burnt fruit was picked out, it was mighty tasty!

Megan said...

I'll have to admire this from afar -all those nuts are a big NO in this house......

Peggy said...

I was thinking about chocolate chips myself and wondering if they would be tasty in this. I loved this granola and glad we made it. Yours looks good. Don't forget to stop by my blog and pick up the awards I left for you! :)

Leslie said...

I bet this would be wonderful with chocolate chips! And I love the cashews you subbed; I must try that next time. I'm glad you found this as easy as I did and that it's a keeper for you, too. Thanks for cooking with me this week!

Unknown said...

I also thought about chocolate chips. I think some mini dark chocolate chips would be fine, dark chocolate is good for you :) I think I might separate some granola out the next time I make it and add the chips to that as a treat.
Sara/Imafoodblog

Aggie said...

Wasn't this so good! I love your idea of adding some chocolate chips..I thought about coconut! Mmmm...yours looks great!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm excited to be part of the CEimB group! ;)

Anonymous said...

I am already addicted to this granola but adding chocolate would send me over the top.