
These were a hit! Even with the hint of coffee in the crust I am enjoying them immensely.
The recipe was chosen by Whitney of What's left on the table? The recipe can be found HERE. I didn't follow this recipe exactly. I used a 9 inch cake pan to bake them in because after reviewing the P&Q I learned that some others bars were quite thin and crispy. I wanted them to be thick. I also used milk chocolate instead of bittersweet. I did not make ice cream sandwiches out of them as the recipe suggested that you could do. Since they were thicker, I didn't think that I needed to add any more fat to them.
The recipe was chosen by Whitney of What's left on the table? The recipe can be found HERE. I didn't follow this recipe exactly. I used a 9 inch cake pan to bake them in because after reviewing the P&Q I learned that some others bars were quite thin and crispy. I wanted them to be thick. I also used milk chocolate instead of bittersweet. I did not make ice cream sandwiches out of them as the recipe suggested that you could do. Since they were thicker, I didn't think that I needed to add any more fat to them.
These are perfect. They are still crunchy, a tad chewy and the toffee bits on top make them delicious. YUMMY!


7 comments:
Mine were good alone but with ice cream or as cookies and cream they were delicious. I can't help the added fat!
Cute! Those do look nice and think. Yum!
I'm glad they were a success for you. Your crunch bars look great. As good as they were plain, ice cream made them even better. Try it!
Hey they're round - like mine! And similar to a slice of pie. Very crunchy pie!
Nice job. I've seen them with a lump of ice cream on top as a dessert and they've looked pretty dandy! I love the round pan of these.
I agree -- they are perfect! I love the changes you made; they look beautiful!
They were delicious!!! I love your pie shape!!! Great bars!
Post a Comment