Thank you Amanda! This was an excellent choice. I admit that I was a tad skeptical about mixing beef and chocolate. The whole combo just sounded strange. But it was SO good and I have a renewed faith in Ellie's recipes and this cookbook. Our dinner tonight was out of this world. The recipe can be found HERE or on page 180 in Ellie's cookbook.I didn't buy a beef tenderloin. Our grocery budget this week didn't allow for a 2 lb beef tenderloin that would have put us out almost $30 some dollars. So I opted to buy a eye of round beef roast. It took a little longer to cook and was a little tougher than the way we normally prefer our steaks but it was still fantastic. The recipe was very easy to make and I guess healthy for you too. The sauce was made with beef broth, red wine, thyme, a bay leaf, scallions, celery, carrots, rosemary and cocoa powder. I served the dinner with herbed mashed potatoes and cauliflower.
The Hubster even liked it!! I am going to make this yummy chocolate sauce with filets when it gets warmer out and we can start using our grill again. We could actually use it now. However, we would likely get frostbite standing out there grilling anything. It is -8 degrees and the wind chill makes it more like -30 degrees.

5 comments:
I'm glad you liked it, Natalie!! I enjoyed reading your post.
Enjoyed your write up. Looking forward to enjoying more recipes.
This looks awesome! Great pictures.
Looks delicious! We still do some grilling, even with the frigid temps. Luckily, it hasn't been quite as cold here as it has for you. I think I will definitely try the sauce next time we grill up some beef.
I emailed you but maybe it didn't work. My pick is the Sage-rubbed Pork Chops with Warm Apple Slaw on pg. 195!
Post a Comment