Back in January when TWD just began, this recipe was chosen by Chelle from Sugar & Spice. Check out her blog for the recipe or find it on pages 99-100 in the cookbook. You will also find an outstanding pictures of the brownies there as well. Since I am determined to make all the recipes that have already been chosen, I decided to make these for a donation to my child's school bake sale. They have 5 different types of chocolate and 2 tablespoons of coffee and chopped nuts. I wanted to use peanuts, but I was out. The brownies were easy to put together. However, my white chocolate topping did not look very pretty. It was almost a see through and not like the picture in the cookbook. Not sure what I did wrong. My photos were also terrible and I will not post them.As for the taste, I thought that they were OK. My husband and boys really liked them though. I concluded that the coffee taste was a little strong. I just don't like coffee and was surprised that the boys enjoyed them as much as they did. Maybe next time I will add only 1 tablespoon of coffee.
3 comments:
Thanks for stopping by. Your blog design is very warm and cozy. Makes mine look a bit sterile.
I absolutely loved these when I made them earlier! However I didn't notice the coffee flavour at all....
I've made those before and had the same problem with the white chocolate. I did use cheaper white chocolate so I think that might have been part of the issue. I'm glad your boys liked them! :)
Post a Comment