Monday, November 3

Perfection Pound Cake


I made this cake this weekend. It was originally chosen back in January when there was only a few TWD members. You can find the recipe here if you want or on page 222-223 in Dorie's cookbook. I actually made this pound cake twice. The first time I used cake flour and the second time I used all purpose flour. It was not what I was expecting at all. I am used to pound cakes being extremely moist. Both of the batches that I made weren't dry....just not as moist as I would like. I almost had myself convinced that I forgot to add the sugar my first attempt. I served the cake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries, blackberries and blueberries. It was very tasty and I would make this poundcake again. It does have a very good flavor.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm a fellow TWD baker, and I was thinking that it would be nice if we all could chip in and get Laurie some small token/gift for all the work she does. Would you be willing to contribute? If I can get enough people, it would only be about $1 per person. No pressure :-) Let me know! bethberg12@yahoo.com