
Back in June, this recipe was selected for TWD by Beth. When I told The Hubster that he could choose any completed TWD recipe for his "B-Day cake", this was the winner. Back in the day, we both loved a dessert that was served at Red Lobster. It was some kind of berry cobbler. They don't serve it there anymore, which is a shame. Red Lobster has always been one of our favorite places to frequent when we first started dating and still is, 10 plus years later. Back on track.....
You can find the recipe HERE or on page 416-417 in Dorie's cookbook.
The verdict: The Hubster really liked the cobbler which I served with vanilla ice cream. There were no complaints or criticisms. I thought that it was good too. Maybe a tad too watery though. It tasted very good the first day, however, the taste factor (for me anyway) went way down the next day. I thought that the berries almost tasted sour. Apparently this is a dessert that needs to be finished on the day that it is made. Again, no complaints from the B-Day boy!

You can find the recipe HERE or on page 416-417 in Dorie's cookbook.
The verdict: The Hubster really liked the cobbler which I served with vanilla ice cream. There were no complaints or criticisms. I thought that it was good too. Maybe a tad too watery though. It tasted very good the first day, however, the taste factor (for me anyway) went way down the next day. I thought that the berries almost tasted sour. Apparently this is a dessert that needs to be finished on the day that it is made. Again, no complaints from the B-Day boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment