Sunday, November 2

Puppy Chow

INGREDIENTS:
9 cups Chex Cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS:
1. Mix chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter together in a bowl. Microwave (uncovered) for 1 minute. Stir together and microwave another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until cereal is completely covered.
2. Pour cereal into storage container (huge ziploc, tupperware or a doubled up garbage bag). Add powdered sugar and shake like crazy until well coated.
3. Spread puppy chow out on table and let cool for about 30 minutes. Put in refrigerator unil serving.

I doubled the recipe for a party and have a ton of puppy chow that I am sure will be eaten because it is so delicious. I also used a grocery store paper bag to mix the powdered sugar in and then just tossed the bag (very easy clean up). I got this recipe from my pal who served it at her party a couple of weeks ago. Both my youngest and I inhaled it and knew that I had to have it for our party!

I originally posted this recipe on 7/26/08 on my old blog.

1 comment:

Nancy/n.o.e said...

My girls LOVED this stuff when they were little. That and a similar recipe called "Muddy Buddies". I saw on someone's blog last week that they used Nutella. Also sounds delicious.

I'm so glad you'll be making soup with me!
Nancy