Thursday, November 13

Portobello Lasagna Rollups w/ Easy Tomato Sauce - CEiMB

Marthe from Culinary Delights chose the recipe this week for CEiMB. I love mushrooms, spinach and lasagna. So I was excited. I also decided to go ahead and make the Easy Marinara Sauce recipe that went with the roll-ups.



I considered buying the Prego Traditional (my favorite) but thought it may be fun to try and make it myself. Now I am thinking that I may have liked it better with Prego.

The Easy Tomato sauce was just as the recipe describes, easy. However, it took a lot of time. I thought that it was kind of bland and tasted very tomato-like. OK. I am not doing a good job explaining. Maybe I should have added a little sugar or something to the sauce to spice or sweeten it up.

The roll-ups consisted of whole wheat lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese, egg, and spinach. That mixture was layed onto each noodle and then topped with mushrooms and marinara sauce. Each individual noodle was then rolled and placed in a baking dish. All 12 noodles were then topped with more marinara sauce, mozzeralla and parmesan cheese. It cooked for 1 hour.







My husband really enjoyed this. But he also really likes tomatoes. I thought that the roll-ups were good and concluded that I just didn't care for the sauce. Next time I will use Prego! Good choice Marthe. Check out what everyone else thought about the roll-ups and visit Marthe's site for the recipe. Or click HERE!



5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sorry you didn't love the sauce. These were good and I am sure they would taste great with any pasta sauce, really. Looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

I agree that it wasn't my favorite sauce but I thought it was good. It smelled delicious and I was proud of myself that I took the extra mile to make it. I am usually lazy about sauce.

Gabi said...

Your rollups look great! I used bottled marinara to save time. Thank you for taking over stewardship of the group- I appreciate your time and effort!
:)
xo

CB said...

You're the 2nd blog I've read today about Prego. Looks like I need to pick up a bottle next time I am at the store ;) Glad you and hubs enjoyed the recipe!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

PheMom said...

I used Prego too. I love their traditional sauce, but some of the others not so much.

Thanks for taking over the group and keeping it going. I have some badges I put together but couldn't find your email address. Please send me an email at phemomenon[at]gmail[dot]com and I'll send them to you.

Thanks again!