I am one of those with an aversion to chicken bones. I would rather have a boneless skinless chicken breast. When I was prego with my kids, the sight of any raw chicken was completely disgusting to me. I literally couldn't even touch it. I have been getting better though.The recipe this week was chosen by Lonely Sidecar. The recipe can be found on their blog or on page 213 in Ellie's cookbook. I have to say that it was a big hit in our house. I liked the kick that the cayenne pepper gave it, even though I used less than the recipe called for because I wanted my kids to eat it too. I used 4 boneless, skinless split chicken breasts and 4 bone-in chicken thighs for my husband.
For our chicken the only alteration I made was using multigrain saltine crackers and less cayenne pepper. I loved the combination of garlic powder, sesame seeds, Corn Flakes and the crackers. The chicken was dipped in a mixture of non-fat plain yogurt, egg whites, salt and Dijon mustard and then into the cracker mixture. It cooked for 45 minutes in the oven.
The result was very moist chicken with a crunchy coating and a subtle kick. My husband and older son liked it too! I will be making this one again. It was a great pick!!
For our chicken the only alteration I made was using multigrain saltine crackers and less cayenne pepper. I loved the combination of garlic powder, sesame seeds, Corn Flakes and the crackers. The chicken was dipped in a mixture of non-fat plain yogurt, egg whites, salt and Dijon mustard and then into the cracker mixture. It cooked for 45 minutes in the oven.
The result was very moist chicken with a crunchy coating and a subtle kick. My husband and older son liked it too! I will be making this one again. It was a great pick!!

And, I really should add that the new badges done by Holly and Leanne look so awesome. Holly also created a header for our CEiMB website. Thanks again girls!
7 comments:
This was pretty much a hit everywhere. I haven't seen anyone say that they didn't love it. It looks great!
Maybe I will try this again with the sesame seeds since you like the combination. I just forgot to buy them this week. We enjoyed the recipe too.
I agree! We loved it in our house! A fabulous choice!!
I'm so glad that this was a hit with your family! It is always great to find a recipe that pleases the grownups and the kiddies alike!
My preggo friend is the same way about raw chicken. Must be a preggo thing. haha. Glad you're getting over your aversion and made the recipe. It is definitely a keeper!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought
I am glad I am not the only one addited to the Biggest Loser! I think Amy will be paying for her decision to keep Vicki there!
I am so excited about CEIMB!! and very glad my co-workers told me about it! I hope the upcoming recipes are as delicious as this week's fried chicken!
I don't really like messing with the raw chicken myself and I'm not prego! But it was really good I thought. Not as good the next day though! Yours looks great.
Post a Comment