I enjoyed this recipe much better than the past two TWD recipes that we have had. Thank you Isabelle for choosing the recipe. You can find the recipe on her blog or on page 412-413 in Dorie's cookbook. I can say that I have ever had rice pudding before making this recipe. Tapioca, yes....but rice...I don't think so. YUMMY!!!It was very good. I'm glad that I read the PQ section to learn that the recipe in the book is wrong and the pudding actually had to simmer for 50 some minutes instead of 30. That would have made a big difference. My pudding would have been very soupy. I made 1/2 of the pudding white and half black by using leftover mixtures of semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate. I can't say that I liked either the white or the chocolate better. They were both very tasty! The chocolate pudding did set up better and was firmer. I served the pudding topped with Dream Whip from the aerosol can.
I would make this rice pudding again. Both the chocolate and vanilla too!
2 comments:
Yours looks delicious! You know, I liked the first couple of bites, but then it was just too sweet for me. Hubster loved it though. I wish I had at least tried the chocolate version too! Thanks for stopping by. . . .
I agree with you about the tapioca. I associated rice pudding with it and wasn't really looking forward to making it. I was pleasantly surprized and will make it again. Love the Dream Whip on it!
Post a Comment