You can find the recipe HERE or on pages 250-252 in Dorie's cookbook. It really is not that difficult of a recipe to bake and put together.
I baked the cake in celebration of my friend's birthday. We went camping together and I brought it to the campsite. It seemed to be enjoyed by all. When I make it again I plan on using some other frosting though. The amount of butter used is literally shocking! I will also skip the coconut next time. I just am not a big fan. Other than these two minor issues, it is a great cake.


6 comments:
Yep...the butter really was a shocker. I cut the recipe in 1/2 and even that amount still scared me! It was tasty, though!
Beautiful cake! I dont like buttercream either, I used whipped cream instead.
I don't love coconut either. What a lovely cake!
I made the buttercream the first time I made this cake, and really couldn't get past the amount of butter in it. This time, I made a strawberry cream cheese frosting and liked it much better. I think the cake itself is a keeper. Yours looks really beautiful!
You know, I skipped the buttercream - and I have to laugh because everyone keeps mentioning the amount of butter! Now my curiosity has gotten the better of me and I'll have to go look in the book!
What a great cake to take camping, though.
You know, I've never been camping before......
Everywhere I look I see this cake. You know what I want to eat?
FRIED CHICKEN.
Um, I mean cake! :)
Post a Comment