Tuesday, June 2

Cinnamon Squares - TWD


Cinnamon squares while baking = house that smells like a Yankee candle factory!

These cinnamon squares are wonderful! Not only did they make my house smell divine while baking but everyone really enjoyed them. Especially Brock, who inhaled them. He even requested that I make this "cake" for his birthday! I was quite surprised that he liked them as much as he did. There was a lot of cinnamon and coffee flavor. Especially for a 5 year old.

Tracey from Tracey's Culinary Adventures was the TWD chooser this week. I'll admit that I wasn't too excited to make these cake squares. I didn't think that the picture in Dorie's cookbook (pages 210-211) did them justice. But, they sure were a hit.

This recipe is easy and doesn't require a lot of thinking. Just the kind of recipe I really like. I used a mixture of semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate throughout.


Next Tuesday: Parisian Apple Tartlet

15 comments:

Leslie said...

I totally agree with you! I was surprised to like these so much, and they were so easy!

Megan said...

Woo-hoo! Sounds like Brock really liked this!

I love the last picture, with the frosting slightly dripping over the edge of the cake - I wish I could reach right through and grab it!

Pamela said...

Perfect! The cake looks moist and the frosting looks gooey. Who could ask for anything more?

Amanda said...

I'm glad this worked out for you! It did smell Heavenly, but something went wrong with mine. Amazingly, my ribbon didn't sink LOL

Teanna said...

It looks gorgeous and I am glad it was such a hit! I loved this one!

PheMom said...

Your cake looks wonderful! I really love the closeup of the inside swirl.

chocolatechic said...

I love your drippy frosting.

Perfect!

Cathy said...

So glad these were a hit in your house! It looks perfect!

Hindy said...

Children always surprise us! I'm so glad your family liked this one.

Tammy said...

I am going to have to make this again with the frosting!! it looks wonderful

Peggy said...

Yum. I just want to lick all that frosting off - forget the cake. Just that frosting!! Seriously, it looks so delicious.

Sara said...

Wow, they look great. That is so cute that the little guy loved this - good tastebuds. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for baking with me this week! Your squares look terrific. So cute that your son liked them so much :)

margot said...

The look fantastic with all that yummy chocolate frosting and sounds like they were quite the hit! I wasn't sure about the chocolate cinnamon combination either, but these were really good.

Anonymous said...

Your Cinnamon Square cake looks super delicious! The frosting is so nice and shiny and I love how it's dripping over the sides!