
This bread is also known as Artos bread. It was the 2nd bread that was baked for the
BBA Challenge. Some who made the bread got really fancy and put dried fruit or nuts in it. Some made theirs into fancy braids. I just stuck with the plain version.

This was really fun to make and I have discovered that I enjoy making bread. I made it
last weekend and determined that I should have halved the recipe. This makes a huge loaf of bread. It was monstrous! I put together the poolish the night before as the starter. It is a sweeter bread with a bunch of spices (cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg) and honey. I brushed the top of the bread when it came out of the oven with honey, lemon and sesame seeds.
The bread was delicious. It was soft and worked perfectly for french toast that the boys inhaled. Everyone really liked it.
This weekend I may attempt to make bagels. We'll see?
6 comments:
Wow - that looks amazing. I really need to break down and buy the book. Then I wouldn't be just sitting on the sidelines watching!
It really looks gorgeous! So shiny and inviting, no wonder they inhaled the French Toast. Wish I could have some, too!
I can't wait to see the bagel post..I have always wanted to make those too...
Beautiful! I bet the French toast was amazing!
I just saw you are hosting the breakfast cookie later this month on CEiMB. I'm so excited to make it! I saw it on her show this Saturday and I'm assuming you did too ;)
Your bread looks great btw!
-Alyssa/talleyfam.blogspot.com
I just saw you are hosting the Breakfast Cookie later this month on CEiMB. I'm so excited to make this! I'm guessing you saw it this Saturday on her show too ;)
Your bread looks great too btw!
Alyssa/talleyfam.blogspot.com
Post a Comment