Tuesday, April 7

Banana Cream Pie - TWD

PART TWO:

I take back everything I said about this pie crust earlier today! It may not be the prettiest pie crust, but is sure is tasty. In the taste department it beats Pillsbury hands down. However, I still can't declare it a winner in the beauty contest.

This is a really good pie. I am not normally a huge banana fan either. But the brown sugar/cinnamon/nutmeg custard tastes phemomenal. The Hubster says that it reminds him of a pumpkin pie. The whip cream with the small amount of sour cream added gives it just the right touch. It is a winner.


The recipe was chosen by Amy of Sing for your Supper. You can find the recipe HERE or on pages 342-343 in Dorie's cookbook.

12 comments:

Megan said...

Dang, if you lived closer I would run over and grab a slice!

Jules Someone said...

Yeah! I'm glad you ended up salvaging the crust. Your pie looks delicious.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Looks delicious even with the pie crust issues. Mine is chilling as I type!

Linda said...

I'm there with ya on the pie crust...this is my fav crust recipe!

Anonymous said...

Your pie looks wonderful! Glad you finished making it.

Anonymous said...

I had trouble with the crust, too. Tasty, but not pretty!

Craving Ellie in My Belly said...

Looks wonderful. At the end of the day, as long as that pie crust tastes good, really who cares if it looks pretty. I sure don't!

Peggy said...

I can't tell you how much your comment today brightened my world! Thank you so much.

Unknown said...

Your pie looks wonderful, especially those perfect layers. Glad you enjoyed it!

Pamela said...

The crust can be a bit of a PITA, but it does taste delicious. Totally worth it. It was a great pie, wasn't it?? Nice job.

TeaLady said...

2nd time is a charm. Pie looks yummy and just right...

Annette said...

It looks delicious! My crust wasn't picture perfect either, but it tasted great!