Tuesday, April 7

Banana Cream Pie - TWD



PART ONE:

Here is the pie crust that I just finished. Do you think that I am proud of this? Think again. I have absolutely no idea how this happens. I followed Dorie's pie crust recipe EXACTLY and this is what happens. The same thing happened last time I used this recipe. I am going to write a note in the cookbook on this page to remind myself to just use this one. These always turn out perfect. Every.Single.Time!

Alas, I am still going to use this pie crust though. It just won't be the prettiest thing that we have ever eaten. I am sure that it will get eaten just the same. The custard tastes delicious.

The rest of the pie will be done later! Come back for Part Two.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second your idea about which crust to use! It does turn out perfect every time.

Nichicakes said...

Wow thats just odd! After all that work to get it all beautiful too. Are you blind baking it filled weights and it does this?

What's for Supper? said...

Yeah...I use the pie weights, cover it with greased aluminum foil and everything. Crazy!

Peggy said...

But those are the crusts that will taste the best! Always the broken ones. I opted out of TWD this week so at least you are making the pie! Happy Easter.

Megan said...

ooooh I hate it when that happens. But you know I took the easy route and used a graham cracker crust.

Linda said...

Your pie is turning out really well. I am waiting for Part 2 with abated breath. Can't wait to see the filling.