Thursday, April 23

Balsamic Chicken with Baby Spinach and Couscous - CEiMB

Tasty! This dinner was a hit for The Hubster and myself. Not only was it satisfying but it was healthy and delicious as well.

We can thank Marthe from Culinary Delights for this one. It was a great choice for us. My husband has been anti Ellie for quite some time now. However, I have only been making the recipes that I am fairly confident that we will enjoy. He loves tomatoes and I love balsamic vinegar so I was in for this one. Good thing too. We both enjoyed it. I have never eaten couscous before and enjoyed this whole wheat stuff. Who knew?! The dish was simple to prepare. And it only took about 30 minutes to cook! Bonus. I added the chicken back to the tomatoes, chicken broth and balsamic vinegar to boil for awhile because I am always a freak when it comes to ensuring that my chicken is fully cooked!


The recipe can be found HERE. And make sure to check out Marthe's blog for her post as she was the picker this week. Also Sara and Nick are doing an awesome job with Craving Ellie In My Belly. I love all the new stuff that they are doing. Especially the photos and posts of the week. What a fun idea and I love checking the next day to see the 'winners'. Even though everyone is a winner for participating.

16 comments:

Marthe said...

Thanks for cooking with me this week, I really enjoyed this recipe too! Yours looks very yummy!

Anonymous said...

Great idea to add the chicken back in. I think that probably gave it more flavor. It was a good recipe.

JLJ said...

Great looking dish and photos! I agree, Sara and Nick are totally rocking CEiMB!!

Aggie said...

Oh yum! Looks so colorful, fresh and delicious! Great pictures!!

Leslie said...

Mmm...yours looks delicious! Great idea to add the chicken back. I left mine to the side and it cooled off, but we still enjoyed the dish. I also think Sara and Nick are doing an awesome job.

Craving Ellie in My Belly said...

Looks fab! Also, I am uber paranoid about chicken being cooked. I put my chicken back into the sauce to cook some more too. I can pretend like it was because I have a great culinary intuition and wanted to give it more flavor, but it was mainly because of my raw chicken craziness.

So glad to hear you like the best of posts, they are fun for us to do :)

Lauren said...

looks great! Why is the hubs so anti- ellie?

Jennifer said...

Your dish looks great. I added my chicken back to the sauce for a bit of cooking as well. I thouht the whole thing was still a bit bland. I had never had couscous before -- but I will definitely be making it again.

Cathy said...

Ha - I am also a freak about making sure my chicken is fully cooked. I'd rather have it a little overdone than risk even a hint of rawness. I am so glad you guys liked this one, and hope it helped bring Ellie back in your husband's good graces. Yours looks great!

Unknown said...

I'm glad that the anti-Ellie picky man also enjoyed this one. When Sara first got the book, I have to admit, I was not all that into it. I have since come to appreciate the clean and simple, yet (usually) delicious, low-fat meals that offset the pork and butter fat extravaganza Geoff and I like to put on over the weekend.

Thank you for your kind words about the site. Sara has been working her arse off on it (and I've been riding her coat tails). It really is all you good members out there though, that make the group fun and worthwhile, so thank you!

-- Nick

Peggy said...

My chicken wasn't cooked done the first time and I had to cook it some more, but I didn't think to put it in the sauce. Why do my photos not turn out fabulous like yours? What kind of camera do you use? I have a Nikon 40D.

Pamela said...

There's nothing good about a pink hunk of chicken! Makes me nervous, too. I'm glad your DH liked this one. Funny how they both liked the tomatoes, huh? :o)

What's for Supper? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

Well I'm glad your husband is happier with the Ellie recipes these days. It sure makes dinnertime a much happier place, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

I'm a freak about cooking chicken too. We really liked this recipe too. Glad your husband liked this Ellie recipe.

Anonymous said...

I love all the colors. It looks delicious.