Tuesday, April 21

4 Star Bread Chocolate Pudding - TWD

What is there not to love about this dessert? Two of my FAVORITE things....Bread and chocolate. This. Dessert. Was. So. Unbelievably. Incredible. I absolutely loved it. It ranked up there as a favorite Dorie recipe and may even tie with the Granola Grabbers.

The recipe was chosen by Lauren from A Baking Blog. She will have the recipe posted on her blog. I highly recommend trying this one out. It is simple to make and even better to eat. Who knew that I would enjoy bread pudding so much. I have never baked it, but I can recall the first time I ate it. We were in Vegas at New York-New York Hotel in the Nine Fine Irishman Restaurant. It was a humongous dessert with caramel that was so delicious. I had all but forgot about it until I was baking this chocolate goodness for TWD. OK...enough longing to go back to Vegas for a mini vacation. Back to the dessert at hand.

I skipped the raisins in this recipe. Just wasn't in the mood for them. I also used bread sticks that I found in the bakery of the grocery store. They worked perfectly and I just sliced them into mini pieces and let them "stale" in the oven for about 10 minutes. I also halved the recipe and baked it in an 8x8 inch square pan. Good thing too. I seriously could eat this entire pan myself. And it tastes just as delicious cold! I sprinkled powdered sugar on top and didn't bother with any whip cream. I personally don't think that it needs any sprucing up.

Thanks Lauren for such a great pick!

21 comments:

Marthe said...

Glad you liked it! Yours looks great with the dusted powder sugar on top of it!

Jessica said...

I finally made the granola grabbers this past weekend and they're definitely delicious! Your bread pudding looks so chocolaty and wonderful. I loved this too.

Megan said...

This was easily one of the best desserts in the book. So. Incredibly. Awesome.

Sabrina said...

Nice job! I would've left out the raisins too!

Michelle said...

I halved this recipe too otherwise it was just too big for us. It's such a filling dessert.

Using bread sticks is a great idea!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

I love how everybody used a different bread with this one - your bread sticks look good and how cool that you found a new favorite! To me that's the beauty of TWD.
Nancy

Amy of Sing For Your Supper said...

Love those pictures! It looks great with the powdered sugar on top...I forgot to do that with mine - doh!


-Amy
www.singforyoursupperblog.com

Craving Ellie in My Belly said...

I really liked this recipe, too. Yours looks so chocolatey and delicious.

chocolatechic said...

I skipped the raisins too, and I used donuts in mine.

Tammy said...

Glad you liked it. I hate raisins so left them out

Engineer Baker said...

I'm glad this was such a winner! It's so neat that so many TWDers were blown away by this one. Out of the park, eh?

Pamela said...

It looks incredible!! And it definitely sounds like it was enjoyed. Great job!

Unknown said...

Glad you liked it! This was my first time trying bread pudding and I loved this recipe!!

Anonymous said...

It's great that you liked it so much, and it looks cute with the bread rounds from the breadsticks!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Looks great! Bread sticks sound like a good choice for this!

Leslie said...

Exactly right, on all counts! This was one of my very favorite TWD recipes, and I felt like any embellishment at all detracted from the phenomenal taste. Yours looks great! I love the idea of using breadsticks.

farah said...

Yum, this looks great. Glad you liked it :)

Piggy said...

Your bread pudding looks great! glad that you enjoyed it.

Sugared Ellipses... said...

Just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my blog for last weeks torte.

I wish I had had better results this week. My pudding was a bust. I think my bread was too stale. I think the fresh bread, staled in the oven for 10 minutes is probably a better idea. Yours looks fantastic. I remember liking bread pudding as a kid, and considering your results I'm definitely going to have to give this one a try again.

Unknown said...

There are few desserts I don't generally like. One is bread pudding - YUCK!

For some reason this chocolate bread pudding hit the nail on the head in my book. I brought the lion share to work and fed them to my co-workers to prevent me (and Sara) from gobbling them all up!

--Nick

TeaLady said...

Well, the TWD gang either loved or hated this one. Glad yours turned out for you. Great job.