Wednesday, March 25

Honey Fruit Salad

This recipe is fast, easy and so good. The Hubster can't get enough and eats it until it is gone. I made the recipe twice and the leftovers do not stick around very long in the fridge. I served it with chicken pot pies and it was such a good side for that dinner.


INGREDIENTS:

2 medium firm bananas, chopped
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups fresh raspberries
2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
5 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds

DIRECTIONS:
In a large bowl, combine the bananas and berries. In a small bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice and poppy seeds. Pour over fruit and toss to coat. YIELD: 8 servings.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Nothing like fresh fruit! Well, okay, maybe chocolate, but I do love fruit! ;)

Megan said...

I'll have to try that - I love fruit salads and I've never had one dressed before.

Wait, did that sound bad? I mean I've never had fruit salad with dressing!

Joanne said...

I'm having a tough time deciding, but I think I'll go with the Blueberry Crumbcake. It looks delicious and...well, the weekend is fast approaching and I deserve it. Yum!