Tuesday, March 17

French Yogurt Cake with Marmalade Glaze - TWD



This cake was mighty tasty. I couldn't find any lemon marmalade at the grocery store. Therefore, I decided to make the more fancy version. I layered the cake and made lemon cream for the filling (Dorie's recipe) and also whipped cream (also Dorie's recipe) to frost the cake. It was delicious.

The recipe was chosen by Liliana from My Cookbook Addiction. It was a great pick. You can find the recipe HERE or on page 224-225 in Dorie's cookbook.

11 comments:

Marthe said...

Your cake looks amazing!! I must try this when I decide to make this recipe again!

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway...

Jayne said...

That looks delicious! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Love this fancy version. Yum. Looks great.

Megan said...

Excellent choice for filling and frosting.

Next time I'm going to try it that way -

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

mmmmm!! Looks delicious with the whipped cream frosting!

Pamela said...

YUM! Wow, that looks fabulous.

Unknown said...

Your cake looks great! I made Dorie's whipped cream to go with it too! Wasn't it a great combination? :)

Craving Ellie in My Belly said...

Your fancified version looks delicious.

Sara skimped out on the lemon cream filling and opted for some almond pastry cream we had in the fridge instead. We really enjoyed this cake.

-- Nick

TeaLady said...

And it looks very yummy! Great job on this one.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love lemons and that cake looks fantastic.

Engineer Baker said...

Wow, that sounds decadent with the lemon cream filling and whipped cream on top. Beautiful job!