Tuesday, March 24

Blueberry Crumb Cake - TWD



Even though I don't like coffee, this cake was delicious. I baked it for brunch when my Dad and his girlfriend were down visiting. It was easy enough to prepare but seemed to involve a lot of steps. It was worth it though.

The recipe was chosen by Sihan. You can find the recipe HERE or on page 192-193 in Dorie's cookbook.

My only variation to the recipe was to substitute chopped pecans for walnuts. The Hubster hates walnuts and I am not too keen on them myself. The topping for this coffee cake was delicious. I could have eaten that crunchy topping without the cake it was that good. I would love to try this cake with raspberries next time.

NEXT TUESDAY: Coconut Butter Thins

12 comments:

Marthe said...

I actually prefer pecans over walnuts, but used walnuts this time. Your cake looks really nice

Jules Someone said...

I agree about the topping. Nice looking cake!

Megan said...

Raspberries? Did someone say raspberries? I'm in!

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks fantastic. I'm glad it was a success. YUM!

Engineer Baker said...

Beautiful! I like the use of pecans too. Perfect brunch food!

Ivette said...

I think raspberries would go great with this cake. Your cake looks great, good job!

Michelle said...

This was a good recipe and we thoroughly enjoyed it too.

Good job!

Katrina said...

Great looking cake. Yep, it's all about the crunch on top for me.

Anonymous said...

I loved the topping too. I like pecans better than walnuts too. I didn't add as many walnuts as called for. Wish I would have added pecans. Wasn't thinking...

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

I am not a walnut fan either. Looks great though! :)

Unknown said...

Your cake looks lovely! I made mine with cranberries but can't wait to try the blueberry version.

TeaLady said...

Well, I did eat the crunchy topping by itself and it was good. Glad y'all liked it. Looks tasty.