Tuesday, November 10

Cran Apple Crisp - TWD

As I was frantically making a chili dinner with cornbread last night for our guests....I asked Ben to help me make dessert. He agreed!! I opened Dorie's cookbook and let him have at it. He did an awesome job and the crisp turned out great. We both liked it and so did our guests!!

I was a little scared of the cranberries, I will admit. I don't enjoy cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving...in.the.slightest. But this was great. There were raisins, apples (honeycrisp) and cranberries, along with the tasty, crunchy, oatmeal topping. I had Ben make the crisp "family style" in a 9 inch pie plate instead of individual portions.

We have been limiting ourselves to a piece a day. Not easy to do. I wasn't able to get a picture of the entire dessert before we dug into it. But at least I was able to snap a picture before we devoured more of it today. Try it with Edy's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Not that I blew my diet by eating ice cream with it. I wouldn't do that (insert extreme sarcasm)!


Thanks to The Repressed Pastry Chef for the selection. You can find the recipe HERE.

14 comments:

Romaine said...

I like your ratio of topping to fruit. Sounds like you have a lot of self-discipline to eat one portion per day. Kudos!

Pamela said...

I'm not really a crisp person, but I loved this. And you are right...so GOOD with vanilla ice cream. They were made for each other. Looks wonderful.

Megan said...

Ah - I loved this dessert, even though I didn't have the patience to wait for the ice cream.

And how cool that your husband made it? That's just the best!

Peggy said...

Wow, yours sounds delicious. I will be making this later in the week. I'm going to take to a dinner so I hope it will be as good as everyone says it is!

Jules Someone said...

Yum! I made this last week. It was amazing.

chocolatechic said...

He did a great job.

I made this today as well.

It is actually in the oven right now, as I wanted it warm for supper.

I added caramel and walnuts to mine.

Susan said...

So many people added ice cream to their crisps. Guess I better pick some up before I make this! :) Looks delicious!

Katrina said...

Can't wait to make this one for next week! Looks good.

Karen said...

I was pleasantly surprised at the apple/cranberry combo, also. Very tasty. And Honeycrisp is my new favorite apple!

Leslie said...

This looks so yummy! I can't wait to make it.

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

hIYA hello,
i write to u with joy in my fingers & am so excited to be partnered with ur lovely blog as my first ever taste and create event & ur love delicious creations are sure making it so difficult to single out jus one for taste & create,but whose complaining-not me for sure:-)))

TeaLady said...

This was good wasn't it. Definitely a keeper. Glad you ended up liking it.

Tammy said...

this was quite similar to what we call a crumble -very delicious with ice cream!

Tia said...

lovely. :)